ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Plans, designs, conducts or supports research studies on a variety of topics as directed, using appropriate, advanced, innovative and rigorous qualitative or mixed approaches to generate reliable, timely and meaningful information to stakeholders and leadership. This includes:
- Stakeholder engagement, development of research questions, literature reviews and study contextualization, sample and participant selection, qualitative methodology, in depth analysis using the necessary data analysis tools (eg computer-based text analysis software), report writing and presentation to multiple audiences and forums.
- Leading studies from beginning to end; from identifying the research question, through data collection in the field, to report writing and presenting in various formats and venues.
- Using experience from field exposure, technical expertise and on-going self directed learning, advises program managers and leadership on relevant programmatic issues when requested and through contribution to and/or leadership of multi-departmental project, creative thinking and analysis teams.
- Supports and builds the research capacity of junior team members and Field Office staff including investigating and sharing current literature, identifying new tools and approaches, developing training materials, contributing to training systems and events as required, practical critique of methodologies and completed research reports and consultation as requested.
- Interfaces with other Compassion departments and individuals (eg program implementation, marketing, auditing and quality assurance, business intelligence and management) in order to minimize duplication of effort, build cooperation and support the growth of high quality information gathering across the organization.
To apply for this position and to view a full description, please visit the member site here.