The Global Controller (GC) will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will lead the day-to-day financial and treasury operations for Lifewater. The GC is an integral part of Lifewater’s Leadership Team. The GC will help chart the financial and operational course of a dynamic and scaling global non-profit organization. With program office staff located remotely all over the world, Lifewater needs a proven accounting leader to standardize and operationalize its domestic and foreign financial systems, processes, and procedures at each accounting unit.
This is a challenging and rewarding full-time position based from Lifewater’s global headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and analyze spending at field locations to ensure expenditures are within budget; reconcile cash, budgets, and actuals.
- Support effective program execution by assisting field office accountants to ensure proper reporting is able to take place.
- Modify and manage internal controls and safeguards for the standard financial operating procedures: revenue recognition, expense management, budget development, cash management, reporting, and internal processes.
- Coordinate all annual internal audit activities; including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Manage annual audit and 990 tax preparation.
- Lead annual budgeting and forecast planning process.
- Assist the CEO in preparing and negotiating all insurance renewals to ensure adequate coverage, including staff benefits.
- Analyze and approve accounts payable and receivable.
- Lead the monthly Leadership financial review and quarterly Financial Committee review with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain both statutory and internal management reporting standards, practices and policies to ensure the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the company’s financial reporting.
- Analyze financial trends and continually seek to streamline and improve accounting operations globally.
- Oversee the reconciliation of all domestic and foreign accounts on a monthly basis, including credit card and checking accounts.
- Proactively manage organizational cash flow and cash projections.
- Support the organizations HR function by preparing, analyzing, and maintaining payroll activities. Other activities related to HR may also be added.
- Effectively utilize the company’s ERP accounting system to produce high quality data and timely reporting. Serve as the financial leader of the ERP accounting system, continually advancing its use for greatest optimization and elimination of off-system processes where possible.
- Maintain and constantly evaluate the company’s financial processes, systems, policies and procedures – anticipate, develop, and maintain robust, scalable global accounting capabilities to support the company’s growth with a strong focus on continuous improvements and ease and speed of integration.
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.