Western Tanzania Regional Manager
Who We Are:
Water Mission (WM) is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Since 2001, Water Mission has used innovative technology and engineering expertise to provide access to safe water for more than 3.6 million people in 55 countries. Water Mission has more than 250 staff members working around the world in permanent country programs located in Africa, Asia, North America, South America, and Central America, and the Caribbean. To learn more, visit WaterMission.org.
Working under the direct supervision of the Water Mission - Tanzania Country Program Director, this position is responsible for applying sound project and program management techniques, engineering principles, and excellent written and verbal communication skills to manage a regional office in Tanzania. This position oversees large, solar powered water projects in multiple locations. The Regional Manager will manage scopes of work, schedules, budgets, water sources, treatment and storage installations, and access points for these large projects. This role will require establishing residence in Kasulu, Tanzania (in the Kigoma region) for a minimum of two years. Given the required location, travel to and from the applicant’s country/location of permanent residence will be provided once per year.
· Study, embrace, advocate, and lead staff to understand and adhere to Water Mission vision, mission, standards, and values in all areas of office and project operations
· Abide by the policies and requirements of the Water Mission Code of Conduct and Staff Policy Manual for Tanzania (a copy available upon request)
· Work in a team environment to provide leadership, direction, and assistance for engineers, technicians, community development staff, administrative personnel, and volunteers
· Prepare written proposals and cost estimates
· Manage multiple simultaneous projects in different locations
· Maintain good communications with Water Mission staff and partner organizations
· Ensure that each portion of the work is executed according to an agreed upon Scope of Work, Design, Schedule and Budget to a best-in-class level of excellence according to WM standards
· Prepare and submit Project Status Reports
· Provide training to other organizations regarding maintenance and operation of implemented solutions
· Provide approval of all program and project related expenses and purchase orders
· Conduct field inspections and site assessments
· Participate in disaster response activities as needed
· Prepare and make presentations to the operations team, strategic partners, donors and volunteers
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical or other Engineering field. Other degrees considered are Construction Management, Science or Mathematics.
· Well grounded, active Christian faith consistent with Water Mission statement of faith
· 7+ years of progressive engineering, including project management experience of large, million dollar engineering projects
· Advanced skills with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with engineering software such as MS Project, AutoCAD, etc.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent project management skills
· Excellent relationship and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· P.E. license preferred
· The position is contingent upon successfully applying and being granted a permit to work in Tanzania on a full-time extended basis
Interested, qualified applicants should apply at: https://www.watermission.org/get-involved/join-our-team/careers