Act (Advocates for Community Transformation) is a rapidly growing non-profit justice organization with a new model of ministry that uses the legal system to empower inner-city residents to fight crime on their streets while sharing with them the hope of the gospel. Act’s vision is to see safe neighborhoods, where crime is no longer tolerated and dignity and hope are restored. Act currently serves multiple neighborhoods in Dallas, Texas and is positioned for expansion; the organization operates as a 501c3 with 25+ full-time employees and a $3.4 million annual budget.
Act is searching for a compelling Communications Manager who is a strong creative thinker and storyteller, has the ability to align brand strategy with Act’s vision by driving storytelling concepting and can manage the creation and delivery of content across multiple platforms. Ultimately, the Communications Manager manages the communication of Act’s story to all external audiences, inspiring people to actively participate in our work of justice.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing creative content for and implementing a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program for Act. This position reports to the Vice President of Advancement and works closely with development staff and initiatives, ultimately supporting Act’s annual fundraising goals, as well as brand identity within the local market.
Ideal candidates will have the following experiences:
Creative Thinker & Storyteller:
- The ability to be conceptual and think outside of the box in order to develop highly creative ideas and vision that support Act’s strong value of storytelling
- Understands story well and can identify narrative that is innovative and true to Act’s brand
- Must be a strong writer
Strong Verbal & Written Communication Skills:
- Must be able to create compelling communications for a variety of stakeholders, including Act staff, donors, legal and law enforcement partners, volunteers, the general public, etc.
- Confidence in media relations, including acting as Act’s representative with the media, writing press releases, making presentations, and pitching to the media
Strategy & Creative Production:
- Experience managing the design and production of digital and print materials and campaigns like annual reports, short vides, website content, social media campaigns, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time, acting as the quarterback of Act’s brand strategy with current creative agencies, ensuring on-time, excellent project execution that authentically reflects Act’s brand
- Experience developing short- and long-term objectives and plans for effective marketing communications initiatives
- Comfortable collecting and analyzing marketing data to monitor progress against goals and derive insights for improvement
Act team members possess a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, passion for social justice, humility, commitment to producing excellent work product, desire to collaborate with a diverse team, and drive to be innovative and entrepreneurial.
Education and experience: Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including at least 2 years of experience in any marketing communications discipline.
What you can expect from us: We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that our team is set up for success so that they can do their best work. At Act, you will receive a competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, comprehensive health benefits, life insurance and long-term disability coverage, 401K with an employer match, and unlimited vacation (with a 10 day minimum) in addition to office holidays (which includes two weeks off at Christmas.) We seek to cultivate a culture of freedom and responsibility that yields high results. We also want to ensure the sustainability of each employee, considering the difficulty of our work and our desire for each staff member to carry out our mission to the fullest extent possible.
How to apply: Please forward your cover letter, resume, references and statement of faith* by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Statement of Faith: A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with Act. It should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current place of worship.