Constituency Relations Team Leader/Director
World Renew, and agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America is looking to hire a Constituency Relations (CORE) Team Leader. This position is responsible for ensuring the success, sustainability and growth of World Renew’s, fundraising, communications, marketing and volunteer recruitment and management and provides leadership to the Constituency Relations (CORE) Team. Specifically, the position works closely with Co-Directors and the Comprehensive Fundraising Campaign (CFC) Director to develop and achieve fundraising, communications, marketing and volunteer engagement strategies and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inspire alignment of the CORE Team and its sub-teams in ways that actively support World Renew’s vision, mission, priorities, values, and set energizing funding goals for the CORE Team portion of the CFC (ie. Comprehensive Fundraising Campaign)
2. Develop and implement team vision, mission, plans, and priorities; prescribe needed processes, and report results
3. Manage and motivate the CORE Team, to achieve fundraising goals as per CFC strategy, including the growth of the donor base.
4. Inspire and develop the leadership gifts of team members by promoting a healthy, nurturing, team-based, results-focused environment
5. Lead and ensure CORE Team evaluations and follow up on any issues identified for strengthening team dynamics and achieving team goals
6. Skillfully represent the CORE Team to the Co-Directorate, on Co-Director’s Priorities Advancement Council (CPAC), on the Facilitation and Integration Team (FIT, a major decision-making body of World Renew), and at functional and main team leader meetings
7. Develop and manage the team budget to ensure it aligns and supports success of the funding plan
8. Attend networking events and meet current as well as prospective donors and supporters as appropriate for building and strengthening relationships, particularly with high profile potential donors
8. Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising, marketing, church engagement, and volunteer recruitment progress to senior leadership team and board as requested
9. Manage relationships with a small portfolio of key major donors
10. Participate as a member of CPAC assuring organizational alignment (both within the CRC and internal to World Renew) and organizational goals are met
11. Represent World Renew in interagency task forces and ministry councils as appropriate for fulfilling CORE Team Leader responsibilities, as well as external collaborative networks such as Integral, ACT Alliance and ACCORD for engaging in justice issues
This position provides leadership and supervision for the CORE Team in the U.S. and Canada. The team leader is a member of the team who is authorized and held accountable to ensure team organization, decision boundaries, development, healthy functioning, and high performance.
The team leader holds the team members accountable for high performance against the specific outcomes (goals) found in the CORE team plan, personal work plans and written agreements between the team and other World Renew teams.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team of people, including strengthening collaborative relationships for the achievement of fundraising and constituent engagement goals
3. Demonstrated commitment to promoting a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
4. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
5. Ability to represent and advocate for the team both within and outside the organization
6. Demonstrated ability to make quality decisions and implement them through competent delegation
7. Ability to manage budgets and use financial reports for decision making
8. Demonstrated ability to build and strengthen healthy team dynamics that promote unity in diversity
9. Demonstrated ability to self-initiate and execute goals independently
10. Demonstrated planning and organization skill
11. Demonstrated interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation, listening, and communication skills with strong emotional intelligence
12. Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience; understands the requirements of many of the jobs performed by the team and the system for procuring resources for the team
13. Demonstrated ability to describe to the team and constituents the importance of justice and advocacy and how it relates to the work of relief and development.
14. Knowledge of international relief and development
Education and/or Experience:
1. Master’s degree or equivalent certification(s) in fundraising and/or marketing, preferably in non-profit management areas
2. At least 5 years of leading a team with demonstrated success in fundraising in areas such as major donor acquisition, institutional donors (foundations, government, corporate), marketing and communications
3. Successful/proven/demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team, as well as fundraising within international development and disaster response and/or in other competitive nonprofit realms
More information about this position can be found on our website: https://worldrenew.net/careers. Candidates interested in applying should do so on or before January 2, 2019 by applying online at: https://worldrenew.net/careers.