Operation Blessing International (OBI), an international humanitarian relief and development organization, is seeking a highly skilled Production Chef & Food Manager to provide quality food preparation for mass distribution while managing safe food handling practices for OBI’s Mobile Kitchen and feeding operations. Meeting a critical need, this individual will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing preparations of large quantities of food within hours of a disaster to support staff, volunteers and first responders.
The successful individual will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a commercial kitchen and/or catering operations for large groups of people
- Knowledge of public health and food safety policies and practices
- Knowledge of federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Services, and the Food and Drug Administration
- Strong ability to become familiar with various state and local health department requirements
- Working knowledge of MSOffice and Internet
- Excellent ability to produce high volumes of quality food within difficult surroundings and under challenging circumstances
- Strong ability to assess resources, implement a plan and evaluate results
- Excellent decision making and organizational skills
- Self-starter with ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships across diverse groups of people
- Ability to train and lead a team of staff or volunteers
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice and /or for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend and lift up to 35 lbs
- CDL Class A preferred or ability to obtain
- Submit to pre-employment drug screening
- Ability to make credit card purchases for OBI as needed
Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia, OBI not only offers you a competitive salary and full benefits, it offers you an opportunity to make a global impact! This job will challenge you spiritually as well as professionally, rewarding your commitment to perform with integrity and excellence.
If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with OBI’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.