Do you strive to live justly and want to make a difference in the lives of people living in poverty? Do you thrive in an office setting where new people and varied responsibilities keep things interesting? Come join World Renew's Constituency Relations team as an Administrative Specialist. Successful candidates will have experience working in an office setting, managing varied tasks such as answering constituent calls, running reports, compiling data, and processing information. World Renew is a collaborative organization so if you work well as part of a team as well as on your own, this could be a great fit for you. World Renew is an agency of the Christian Reformed Church. Please visit our website at www.worldrenew.net/careers for more information, or to apply. Application deadline is June 26, 2018.
1. Compile and upload stories of transformation as well as write and submit monthly prayer requests
2. Run and upload various reports as needed
3. Provide telephone coverage each afternoon; arrange for telephone back-up as needed, respond appropriately to all telephone calls, and process telephone/in-person donations
4. Receive and greet agency reception visitors and furnish information in-person or on the telephone; respond to general requests for information and material(s) and ensure appropriate handling of all general correspondence
5. Manage Global Impact and state registrations for all 50 US states
6. Keep appropriate supply area stocked; schedule care volunteers; schedule bi-weekly prayer leaders
7. Enter donations into donor database, assist with data clean up work
8. Update World Renew’s information for various entities and carry-out small projects as assigned
9. Schedule logistics of all routine activities as well as assist in the preparation of reports and presentations including compiling agendas and minutes for the Team Leader and CORE-Marketing Communications staff
10. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA
2. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
3. Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
4. Ability to understand the mission and work of World Renew and articulate it to constituents
5. Good interpersonal communication skills, can express ideas clearly, listen with sensitivity (including especially good telephone and reception etiquette)
6. Demonstrated planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills, with accurate attention to details and deadlines
7. Flexible and adaptable team player
8. Disciplined, self-motivated and self-directed work style; demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and capacity to accomplish tasks amidst numerous interruptions
9. Ability to process and handle confidential matters and be professional, cooperative, and patient
10. Good writing skills with thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and general business English
11. Demonstrated ability to perform simple mathematical problems and advanced computer knowledge of all MS Office and Google Suite products is required including competency in database utilization (data entry and retrieval)
1. Some college coursework is required
2. Work experience in an office setting is required; exposure to donor recognition best practices is an advantage
Must be fluent in English; possess well-developed communication skills both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to attend occasional over-night out of state/country (Canada) meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.