Water Mission’s Writer and Editor will create compelling stories, winning proposals, and engaging correspondence and impact reports. Other writing projects will include, but are not limited to, delivering professional copy for press releases and white papers. The ideal candidate will possess strong storytelling abilities, work with technical language and content with ease, and have a keen eye regarding sentence structure and grammatical rules. This individual is highly proactive, creative, detail oriented, capable of working autonomously and as a team. This individual will also possess a strong record of project management, attention to detail, and well developed organizational skills. Finally, the ideal candidate for this job will be open to constructive feedback and committed to deliver the very best content possible.
· Bachelor’s degree required, additional education preferred, preferably in English, Journalism, or Communications.
· 5+ years’ writing and editorial experience in development, journalism, marketing, and/or communications fields.
· Preference for candidates with nonprofit or mission agency communications experience.
· Exemplary writing, editing, grammar and syntax skills.
· Exceptional storyteller.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to ask clarifying questions, build rapport, maintain relationships, and respond with flexibility to unanticipated requests.
· Ability to work independently, collaboratively with a team, and to able to accept and give constructive feedback.
· Strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload, competing priorities, and meet concurrent deadlines.
· Ability to use with fluency all Microsoft programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· An appreciation for the mission of Water Mission and the work the Lord is doing through the ministry.
· Generate engagement content that drives partner interest, engagement, and growth.
· Write persuasively, clearly, and concisely, and to seamlessly blend together information from multiple sources.
· Accurately transform complex material into highly readable, detailed, and inspiring cases for support. This includes, but is not limited to, work on monthly partner and donor updates, final impact reports, concept pieces and proposals, appeal letters, and collateral materials.
· Ensure quality control for all written materials; that content aligns with ministry goals, communicates the desired message, and adheres to ministry brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines.
· Assist in developing and executing an integrated content marketing plan.
· Works together with the Editorial and Visual Media Coordinator to gather information from international field locations and U.S. staff.
· Work to improve systems and processes to better serve development, events, and program teams at Water Mission.
· Quickly develops and maintains a strong knowledge of Water Mission’s programmatic areas.
· Concern for Quality
· Integrity and Truth
· Attention to Communication
· Service Awareness
To apply for this position and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.