Office Director, Modesto
Location: Modesto, CA
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and application at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOR1016/JobBoard/a4c67858-3f4d-610a-f531-c898bc798638/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=010c4cba-6683-4721-8faa-a3af9e65ec30
The Office Director is the principal representative of World Relief in the local community. Within a matrix management context that includes national and local staff, the Office Director establishes the local expression of the World Relief brand that is consistent and adheres to World Relief’s core identity and message.
Specific Job Duties:
Missional and Organizational Leadership
The Office Director is the senior leader of the World Relief office in the local context, as well as a key leader within the US Ministries division of World Relief. As such the Office Director is responsible to
- Embody the mission, vision, and values of World Relief, setting an example for the office staff, volunteers, clients, churches and the community.
- Set the spiritual tone and culture of the office in a way that builds on the tone and culture of the organization as a whole.
- Contribute to the development of the World Relief brand through participation in national and divisional meetings and other dialogues.
- Proactively lead and foster program innovations that further World Relief’s mission and brand in the local context and contribute to the development of the brand nation-wide.
The Office Director is responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy office culture that fosters staff and missional growth through:
- Fostering effective and clear communication within the office.
- Faithfully representing and cascading communications from the Home Office to local staff
- Providing opportunities for staff development and learning.
- Emphasizing the provision of feedback to staff through formal (annual review process) and informal (recognizing achievements or correcting errors) methods.
- Providing a focus on the celebration of successes and goal achievement.
- Providing direct coaching and supervision of direct reports, focusing on leadership development needs.
- Embodying and encouraging the desired spiritual and professional culture and expectations of staff.
- Adheres to WR policy and procedure.
- Establishes a strategic plan and clear, achievable goals, assuring that individual office goals and directions are consistent with the overall goals and directions of US Ministries and of World Relief.
- Creates staffing plans to deliver the core functions of the office, demonstrating a commitment to increasing the gender and ethnic diversity of World Relief staff.
- Comfortable managing office budgets and basic accounting functions of a budget.
- Oversee fiscal plans and assets for the organization with an eye for stewardship and integrity.
- Manage office Human Resources and legal issues in conjunction with Home Office Human Resources: including but not limited to recruiting, employee relations, culture building, and more.
- Establishes and develops programmatic initiatives according to the needs of the refugee and immigrant communities in the area.
- Focuses World Relief programs on helping newly arrived refugees move from stability to integration in their new country
- Remains abreast of changes in regulations and funding that affect program operations in the city, county, and state.
- Proactively engages technical units or other supports to be proactive in addressing any performance issues in the implementation of core programs.
- Fosters innovation.
- Actively participates in organizational collaborations and program communities of practice; seeking to operate programs in a consistent and scalable way as part of the national network.
- Establishes program leadership and develops leadership pipelines in conjunction with succession planning for the office.
- Serve as the principal representative of World Relief in the local context which will involve networking, meetings in the community, fundraising, public speaking and other similar activities.
- Engage and connect with local Churches for funding, partnership, and volunteer work.
- Mobilize and empower people in the community who want to volunteer with World Relief.
- Establish an annual outreach plan for the local office, including goals for local fundraising.
- Actively engage with national campaigns and leveraging national initiatives in the local context.
- Collaborate with World Relief’s marketing and fundraising teams to make a great impact in the community and reach more people.
- Lead advocacy and use influence both locally and nationally on behalf of vulnerable foreign-born people.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Cross-cultural experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in a second language preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands and deadlines with flexibility
- Design programs and marketing skills a plus
- Personal Christian faith and a heart for service to vulnerable people
- Personal integrity and character as befits the local representative for World Relief
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- 3-5 years experience in direct management of program staff
- Experience in program and business development
- Comfortable and capable in public speaking and engagement
- Experience in budget management required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)