Strategic Partnership Director, Greater Chicago Area
Work location: Remote, Based in Greater Chicago Area
Reports To: Senior Director of Development
Category: Full-Time / Regular
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and application at
Are you someone who is both extremely personable yet driven and results oriented? Do you love building and cultivating relationships? Do you have experience leading sales and/or fundraising teams? If so then you might be a great fit for our team!
The Strategic Engagement Department lives and works by the values of “serve, drive and distill.” We serve our church partners, donors and foundations sacrificially. We drive toward results and make important decisions to achieve them. Finally, we take the complex development solutions in our field work and distill them in a way that provides clarity and simplicity for our partners.
The Strategic Partnership Director based in the Chicagoland Region is responsible for developing a portfolio of relationships with major donors (individuals, churches, foundations) through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship best practices.
The Strategic Partnership Director Lead will be responsible for:
- An annual income goal for their region.
- Retention of major donors and church partnerships.
- Donor acquisition and new church partnership development.
- Regional events.
- Working in collaboration with our Chicago and DuPage offices in achieving US ministry fundraising goals.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Develop, coordinate and manage a defined portfolio of major donors within the larger major donor portfolio. Conduct in-person meetings, traveling as necessary/approved, with prospects and donors.
- In advance of each new fiscal year, participate in creation of donor journey strategies for prospects and existing donors.
- Work collaboratively with other leadership staff, board members and local US office staff to develop, coordinate and implement fundraising strategies. Ensure holistic approaches to maximize unrestricted, restricted (programmatic), endowment and planned giving opportunities.
- Work with additional staff and donors to facilitate special events.
- Work with additional staff to prepare personalized proposals and concept notes; supervise personalized mail appeals and special event invitations for personal portfolio.
- Track all aspects of major donor annual fundraising plans, and ensure proper follow-up using World Relief’s preferred donor database management system.
- Oversee timely major donor acknowledgement process, ensuring 3-day turnaround, input from appropriate staff, and adherence to overall strategy for each donor.
- Support donor database management system by ensuring that hard and soft records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Consult with and provide pertinent information to appropriate staff regarding major donor strategies and activities.
- Proactively prospect for and convert new major donors.
- Maintain confidentiality of all donor-related information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily and strive for excellence. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leadership abilities, particularly people leadership of sales/fundraising staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to engage donors of diverse backgrounds with World Relief’s mission.
- Strong planning, administrative and organizational skills; ability to manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, work independently and within a team; ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexible working style.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of World Relief programs through reading reports, conversing with staff, attending team meetings, etc.
- A genuine commitment to and ability to articulate the mission, values and ministry of World Relief.
- Possess a love for the poor and the local church, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or culture, and a burden to connect them with God’s love and the compassion of Christians in the United States.
- Personal Christian faith and a heart for service to vulnerable people.
- Committed to the mission, vision and values of World Relief.
- Ability to travel regionally and across the states in the territory.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and cultivating relationships with major donor prospects. Track record of successfully raising funds, closing on major gifts, and meeting revenue goals.
- College degree or commensurate work experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in non-profit or academic major donor planning, cultivation and stewardship.
- Ability to use Raiser’s Edge donor tracking system or equivalent and knowledge of moves management philosophy and practices, preferred.
- Proficient with Windows-based word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and the Internet.
- Ability to articulate a personal walk with Jesus Christ and relate it to the ministry of World Relief.