Are you an experienced humanitarian leader and manager with a heart for refugees? Join us as a Deputy Country Director at Samaritan’s Purse in Iraq! As a Deputy Country Director, you will serve as the organization’s primary representative for country office operations in Iraq. Your expertise and efforts will be instrumental in showing the love of Christ to a people recovering from the horrors of war. Let God put your leadership and managerial expertise to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Assist the Country Director to create, articulate and disseminate a clear vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse Iraq.
- Provide leadership, management and strategy for all programmatic aspects of the Samaritan’s Purse Iraq country office, including donor awards and internal funding.
- Provide direct line management of the Area Coordinators and other staff as assigned.
- Work with the Program Department to ensure all grants, awards and internally funded programs are implemented according to Samaritan’s Purse’s Program Management Guidelines and Field Operating Guide.
- Ensure programing is in compliance with Government and donor regulations as well as legal and cultural requirements.
- Work with Human Resources department and Area Coordinators to ensure staff capacity is sufficient to implement the country level strategy.
- Monitor humanitarian crisis in country, performing field assessments when necessary, and advise Country Director of response options.
- Ensure relationship with clusters and other coordination bodies are strong and the profile of Samaritan’s Purse in such forums is positive and influential.
- Provide timely and relevant reports for Country Director and Senior Management Team.
- Act as Officer in Charge in the absence of the Country Director.
- Host VIP trips including media personnel, government officials, dignitaries and International Headquarters visitors.
- When needed, represent Samaritan’s Purse with journalists and media outlets.
- Be a spiritual leader for assigned staff.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Regional Director or Country Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years related experience and/or training.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Experience living and working overseas.
- Previous field-level management experience.
- Experience in leading a large team.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in a high-stress environment.
- Arabic and/or Kurdish proficiency desired, but not required.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.