Country Consultant - Nicaragua
Do you have a passion and a heart for the work of World Renew in Nicaragua? Are you fluent in Spanish and English? We are looking to hire a Country Consultant in Nicaragua to provide leadership in the development of World Renew’s strategy in Nicaragua, engage and empower our partners in Nicaragua, and provide leadership to the overall strategy, policies and performance of the Ministry Team, ensuring alignment with World Renew’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with one to six partner groups, providing consultation and training to improve policies, programs and systems and ensure that the same is happening with partners that receive consultation from other field staff. Implement and improve quality of community development programs, (ensuring outcomes).
· Implement and improve community development strategy (ensuring community capacity building, community resilience and the attainment of impacts).
· Strengthen partner organizations (ensuring organizational capacity building).
· When necessary, implement disaster response programs in coordination with World Renew’s International Disaster Response team.
· Investigate and follow-up, as appropriate, regarding new partner options.
· Coordinate in-country strategy and ensure alignment with World Renew’s strategic plan and foundational policies.
· Responsible for all World Renew activity in-country -- budgeting, planning, quarterly reporting, and coordinating with other agencies for joint activities.
· Represent World Renew in networks of other international and/or local development, educational and/or mission organizations in country. Collaborate with these organizations, as possible and when expedient to the work.
· Network with government officials and fulfill the requirements to maintain World Renew’s legal status in the country.
Regional Team Activities
· Fill a leadership role in the Latin America Ministry Team, developing other staff in the region and acting as a mentor to another country/team member.
· Provide leadership in programming, strategies and policies (i.e. coach others in areas of technical expertise; develop ability of other staff to consult more effectively with partner organizations).
· Help evaluate programs in the mentor country, as appropriate.
· Provide leadership and assist in one of the LAMT roles.
· Produce plans, reports and narratives as required.
· Liaise with a Functional Team; act as a resource/trainer; fulfill reporting requirements or improve reporting systems; coordinate communications with donors; identify Best Practices, or assist in relief activities.
· Host country mentor, team leader or home office staff when necessary
Constituency Relations and Resource Development
· Communicate with individuals and supporting churches; host church groups or other constituents.
· Write and manage field grants.
· Support partner organizations in establishing and maintaining funding from multiple donors.
· Other Activities perform other duties as assigned.
· Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
· Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
· Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
· Compassionate and respectful of other cultures
· Commitment to core development and relief concepts, models and values
· Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to implement, improve and integrate community development programs through consultation
· Demonstrated ability to help organizations improve relationships with multiple stakeholders
· Able and willing to work in a team setting; able to develop team skills in others
· Basic competence in Microsoft Word and Excel required
· Experience managing projects funded with grants from institutional donors, including experience doing planning, budgeting, project management, performance monitoring, reporting and evaluations of grant-funded projects
· Skills in budgeting, financial reporting and providing financial oversight
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· A bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 5 years of cross-cultural experience
· Minimum of 5 years of community development or organizational consultation experience
Fluency in both English and Spanish is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Living conditions with unreliable access to water and electricity, increased exposure to illness and insecurity, as well as occasional political instability
Stress of travel in a developing country
For more information on this position, or to apply, please see our website at: https://worldrenew.net/careers. The application deadline for this opportunity it March 3, 2019.