Community Engagement Manager
Who We Are:
The Water Mission® organization is a Christian engineering nonprofit that designs, builds, and implements safe Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Since 2001, Water Mission has used innovative technology and engineering expertise to provide access to safe water for nearly four million people in 55 countries. Water Mission has 350 staff members working around the world in permanent country programs located in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Notably, Charity Navigator has awarded Water Mission its top four-star rating 12 years in a row, a distinction shared by less than one percent of the charities rated by the organization. To learn more, visit watermission.org.
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for generating revenue by managing, recruiting, and expanding volunteer, donor, and sponsorship opportunities for Water Mission’s annual signature fundraising event – the Walk for Water in Charleston, SC. Additionally, the Community Engagement Manager maximizes support and funds raised while increasing awareness of the global water crisis through the support of special events and stewarding third-party fundraisers. This full-time position is based out of Charleston, SC, and reports to the Director of Events and Engagement.
The anticipated start date for this position is April 1, 2019.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public
· Oversee all aspects of the Walk for Water in North Charleston, SC, including relationship building, fundraising, volunteer management, and logistics ensuring growth in revenue, participation, and awareness
· Lead team of volunteers and co-workers in providing a best-in-class day-of experience for donors, sponsors, and walkers
· Lead volunteers and co-workers in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding new and returning sponsorship partners for the Walk for Water
· Work with corporations, churches, and individual team captains to recruit walkers and raise funds
· Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure all volunteers associated with the Walk for Water are recruited, placed, and trained
· Work in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications team to coordinate and ensure quality and timely public communications using all forms of media (i.e. internet, social media, radio, television, print, etc.)
· Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure high-quality collateral material is designed and distributed in a timely manner
· Speak to community groups, churches, and corporations to promote the Walk for Water and recruit sponsors and volunteers
· Initiate, lead, and provide logistical support for additional special events and third-party fundraisers
· Personal conviction in alignment with Water Mission’s statement of faith and lifestyle demonstrating core values of love, excellence, and integrity required
· Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3+ years of fundraising and event management experience
· Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to thrive under pressure and proven track record of meeting deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Confidence speaking and presenting to large groups of volunteers, donors, and event participants
· Proven experience in volunteer leadership and management, including motivating and leading volunteers to achieve goals
· Strong project management skills such as ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and create systems and processes
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· Willingness and ability to work occasional evening and weekend events
· Concern for Quality
· Relationship Building
· Results Orientation
· Building Teamwork
· Stress Management
Interested, qualified applicants should apply at: https://watermission.org/careers/