Media & Communications Manager, South Sudan
Are you an experienced Creative Writing professional with a heart for humanitarian programming? Join us as a Media and Communications Manager with Samaritan's Purse! As a Media and Communications Manager in South Sudan, your gifts will be used to effectively relate the amazing story of God's work through design and implementation of a country-level communications and media strategy. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
· Gathers accurate information and conducts research to write recurring situation reports that are used to brief the organizational leadership team on the overall situation, program activities, security incidents, and other pertinent issues.
· Liaises with Samaritan's Purse South Sudan Grants Department and field staff to compile program achievements for regular board reports, quarterly reports, and donor ministries mailings.
· Frequently travels to field sites to encourage, train, and provide guidance to field staff, including facilitating staff workshops focused on photography, writing skills, and gathering impact stories.
· Assists field staff in writing and editing impact stories related to Samaritan's Purse programs in order to communicate the impact of Samaritan’s Purse programming.
· Coordinates trips for the International Headquarters visitors, journalists, and other individuals, escorting them to the various field sites (as necessary).
· Liaises with NGO/UN communications personnel and establishes relationships with local and international media personnel.
· Trains and prepares authorized Samaritan's Purse staff prior to internal and external media interviews.
· Actively manages country office Twitter account, by posting engaging data, photos, and videos that highlight the organization's work and the needs of the country. Effectively engages with Twitter audience.
· Works with the Communications Department at IHQ by submitting impact stories, up-to-date program information, and media content to be used on social media platforms that properly reflects the impact Samaritan’s Purse is having.
· Provides insight to Country Director on critical program activities and any serious physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of staff.
· Plans and manages communications in response to both slow and rapid-onset emergency/disaster relief situations.
· Provides direct support to Country Director as needed.
· Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· A servant's heart with a strong commitment to Christ, and desire to share Him with others.
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism, Communications, or a related field, with relevant experience and training preferred.
· Experience capturing photos for internal and external publications using a DSLR camera.
· One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
· Must be culturally sensitive and respectful of church and community leaders from all denominations
· Experience living and working in a developing nation
· Established strong leadership skills
· Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
· Willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Retirement savings plan
· Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· Annual home leave
· Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.