Technical Advisor Manager
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a Technical Advisor Manager to serve with the International Projects Department, located in Boone, NC. The Technical Advisor Manager will ensure that Samaritan’s Purse (SP) field projects are supported with project design expertise, ongoing capacity building, and representation to external stakeholders through the organization’s global technical advisors. This position will lead the technical advisors team, champion high-quality project implementation, and promote knowledge sharing and technical dialogue among SP field offices.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
*This position travels an average of 35-50 days per year, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
Ensure a robust structure for SP technical advisors to support country offices, review proposals, remain current on international/regional trends, and develop sector staff capacity.
Collaborate with the Projects Department senior leadership team, directors, and managers to diagnose problems, assess opportunities and set department goals related to SP’s global technical portfolio.
Ensure field visits conducted by technical advisors are specific, timely, and add value to field office project teams.
Review and approve plans for team members to conduct field site visits, participate in international/regional donor meetings, deploy on disaster assistance response teams, as needed.
Travel to field offices in support of global technical advisor initiatives or to backstop technical capacity, as requested.
Represent the Projects Department internally and externally to other SP departments, donors, government agencies, and other entities as directed.
Stay informed on the overall circumstances and ideas affecting international humanitarian aid, Samaritan's Purse activities, and disaster responses.
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; graduate degree preferred
Ten (10) years’ experience in humanitarian aid program management, international disaster response, and leading technical teams, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
Prior experience as a direct manager of technical teams and/or program managers
Knowledge of the ins and outs of full cycle program management in the field
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Understanding of how ministry occurs through humanitarian aid
Passionate about developing, coaching and growing others/team
Visionary with an outlook for continual improvement
Language: Fluency in English, required
Twelve (12) credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, required
This position manages the Technical Advisory Team as well as other indirect reports.
Morning devotions and prayer time with Samaritan’s Purse Staff
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long term and short term disability insurance
Term Life insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
Ten (10) paid holidays
Ten (10) vacation days
Ten (10) sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Please click on this link to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!