Field Event & Content Manager
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a highly motivated and organized Field Event and Content Manger (FECM) to serve with Operation Christmas Child International located in Boone, NC. This person will serve a critical role in helping to tell the story of what God is doing through Operation Christmas Child (OCC) around the world, specifically through vision and content trips, and through the management of stories, photos and videos from the field. The Field Event and Content team will collaborate with various Samaritan’s Purse departments in the pre-planning, support, management and implementation of over eighteen (18) annual special trips for various Samaritan’s Purse departments, including special requests from the President’s Office and BGEA.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
*Position requires frequent travel of over 80 days a year
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build strong relationships and trust with various Samaritan’s Purse departments; OCC Domestic, Broadcast, Communications, Audit/Ministry Department, Donor Ministries, the President’s Office and BGEA.
Work closely with OCC Int’l Regional Directors (RDs) to develop the necessary relationships with OCC Int'l volunteer teams who will host the various trips.
Provide leadership, coaching and training to the Field Events and Content Team, ensuring goals and objectives for the team and individual members are projected and met.
Develop and maintain systems to be used in planning, coordinating and leading vision trips; managing all administrative details, creating detailed schedules for each trips, and developing budgets.
Serve as the point of contact providing relational, logistical and leadership support to OCC Int'l volunteer teams and International Field Representatives (IFRs) as they plan for and execute the details for each trip.
Provide support and expertise to OCC Domestic Vision Trip Manager and OCC Affiliate Offices, ensuring each trip provides selected staff, volunteers and donors with a compelling experience that creates increased awareness and understanding of OCC Int’l, as they observe OCC Outreach Events (distributions) and The Greatest Journey Discipleship (TGJ) class or graduations.
In coordination with OCC Int'l volunteers, identify key impact stories related to OCC or TGJ for potential video or photo projects, as well as oversee the processing and organization of the stories from OCC iStory.
Provide detailed reporting of the various events to ensure leadership is kept informed.
Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Other duties as assigned.
This position supervises the Field Event and Content Team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; 3-5 years’ experience as a direct manager/trainer of staff or volunteers; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-5 years’ experience living or working in an international context; comfortable in both rural/remote and urban environments
Frequent International Travel experience
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Ability to liaison between people of varying educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter
Ability to see the big picture
Possess an optimistic, "find a way" attitude
Language skills: Fluent in English (required); Spanish (preferred)
Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies required
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long term and short term disability insurance
Term Life insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
Ten paid holidays
Ten vacation days
Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Please click on this link to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!