Curriculum Specialist, International Projects Apprenticeships
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a Curriculum Specialist who will collaborate with us as we design and implement the International Projects Apprenticeship Program, located in Boone, NC. The Curriculum Specialist will work with subject matter experts to determine the essential content necessary to meet instructional objectives. They will also analyze, design, and deliver training curriculum ensuring instructional materials are systematically organized, aligned with intended outcomes, and visually appealing.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Apply proven adult learning design principles to create traditional classroom-style training, job aids, informal learning opportunities, and web-based learning/eLearning for the International Projects Apprenticeships Program.
Organize training material into job-specific learning plans based on job descriptions and leadership priorities.
Support subject matter experts in designing and delivering curriculum components through classroom and web-based instruction.
Create training for staff hosts who will mentor apprentices during their field placements.
Maintain all curriculum elements of the International Projects apprenticeship and talent pipeline initiatives.
Revise and update training elements as required in collaboration with Projects instructional design and curriculum staff.
Design and administer assessment tools to measure progress of competencies covered in the program.
In coordination with the program manager, evaluate field placement duties for alignment with program goals and apprentice competencies.
Lead select sessions of the curriculum as necessary, and assist with event set-up and break-down.
Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Strong knowledge and experience in curriculum development
Ability to build relationships and trust with subject matter experts from varying educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
Highly organized and detail oriented
Excellent listening and conversational skills; ability to extract information from a process or individual
Ability to work independently and make decision with minimal guidance
Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
Previous experience in Program Management, preferred
Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, required
Morning devotions and prayer time with Samaritan’s Purse Staff
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long term and short term disability insurance
Term Life insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
Ten (10) paid holidays
Ten (10) vacation days
Ten (10) sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.