Who We Are:
Water Mission (WM) is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Since 2001, Water Mission has used innovative technology and engineering expertise to provide access to safe water for more than 3.6 million people in 55 countries. Water Mission has more than 250 staff members working around the world in permanent country programs located in Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. To learn more, visit WaterMission.org.
The National Stewardship Director leads and manages the fundraising strategies for the Investor Partnership (IP) department to accomplish goals and objectives established by the Vice President of Volunteer and Investor Partnerships (VIP). This includes direct management of the teams related to major donors, mid-level donors, corporate partners, foundations, and church strategy operations and support functions. Position requires frequent travel.
· Collaborates with Vice President of VIP to establish the department goals and priorities.
· Leads the various donor development programs by setting strategies and direction, building an excellent team and culture, and providing accountability for achieving results.
· Directly manages the execution of the various donor development programs including the teams for major and mid-level partnerships, corporate partnerships, church strategy, and foundations giving. Continually evaluates and measures performance by monitoring key metrics and conducting analysis.
· Builds the team through participating in recruiting, onboarding, and training key employees to ensure the highest standards of staff selection and preparation.
· Pursues the professional, spiritual, and personal development of staff. Ensures employees are effectively trained in job functions and mission/values of the IP department and Water Mission. Ensures each staff member has clear goals and is held accountable for work output.
· Oversees resource allocation and budgeting, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions. Develops a sense of financial awareness on the part of all staff by creating a culture of stewardship and accountability.
· Supports the Vice President by providing excellent reporting and insightful analysis on donor activity and strategy execution. Attends Water Mission events or external meetings as required. Accepts other duties as assigned.
· Oversees donor vision trips on behalf of the department and coordinates with other WM departments.
· Represents Water Mission at various events in a public relations context.
· Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, prospects, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
· Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) with 5+ years of management experience
· Proven self-starter with successful track record of leadership, program management, and developing relationships with high capacity donors
· In-depth development expertise, knowing the various elements of major, mid-level, corporate, church, and foundations giving
· Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives and successfully manage a budget
· Works effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· Proven leadership skills with vision for ministry growth and strong commitment to evangelism
· Effective presentation skills and excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication abilities
· Results Orientation
· Managing Performance
· Building Organizational Commitment
· Developing Others
Interested, qualified applicants should apply at: https://watermission.org/get-involved/join-our-team/careers/