This position is ideally based in Stockholm, Sweden, however other countries will be considered.
Department: Humanitarian Response Team
Reports To: Humanitarian Advisor
Time Commitment: Negotiable: between one and four days per week for at least three months. This internship is flexible to meet the needs of the successful candidate and the Humanitarian Response Team.
Position Summary: This position will assist the Humanitarian Response Team (HRT) by supporting the Humanitarian Advisor in various analytical and programmatic tasks related to international humanitarian activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide ongoing country-level analysis on humanitarian and political issues in a wide-variety of countries
· Conduct research on safety and security issues in a wide-variety of countries
· Assist with humanitarian needs assessments
· Assist with NGO partnerships in MTI's countries of operation
· Assist with research as part of grant applications
· Monitor and report on humanitarian sector trends, publications, and issues
· Deploy as part of a Humanitarian Assessment and Response Team to humanitarian disaster locations
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
· Interest in pursuing a career in humanitarian response or a related field
· Must be detail oriented and self-disciplined
· Excellent English-language writing skills
· Undergraduate degree in international relations or similar field. Preferably currently completing or recently completed Master degree in related field.
· Normal office environment and physical demands
· Physically able to deploy to a humanitarian disaster location and live in austere conditions
· This position has become available because the current intern has transitioned to a full-time Senior Program Officer position. The current intern deployed to Haiti for two months, and was also offered a paid Program Support Officer position in MTI's Uganda office.
· This internship is an unpaid volunteer position, but includes training, mentoring, and significant opportunities to transition into full-time paid employment.
Interested candidates to email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org